Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

It is Rhubarb Time....


Hello my dears.. 
It is another rainy day here in New Brunswick.. 

Spring means Rhubarb... 

When we were at the farm last week Terry  pulled some  so I could make a few bottles of jam...

It is my Mom's recipe ..
This is a little injected update as I had the link mixed up so here is the recipe.. 

RHUBARB PINEAPPLE JAM..
6 cups of chopped rhubarb.. quite small.. 
5 cups of white sugar 
1 can of crushed pineapple .. partially drained.. 
Stir this together in a large glass post and let simmer away for about 25 
minutes until the rhubarb is tender and soft.. 
I find a glass pot like 
Visionware turns the jam nice and red.. 
Add 2 small packages of strawberry jello and stir well.. 
Continue to simmer and stir a few times for 5 minutes.. 
Pour into sterilized jars and seal... 

Some would process this but I do not.. 
You can keep it in your fridge if you don't but I have not had it 
go bad by storing it in our cold cellar... 

Sorry about the mix up yesterday with the link.. 
Now on with the story..  


Today I was going to do some baking but I guess it was not meant to be.. 
My Kitchen Aid has a screw loose or missing and will not mix right.. 
Literally... grin.. 
On the back where it holds the bowl the clip is missing a screw 
and... 
the bags of flour are so high on the shelf that I cannot reach it without breaking 
either the bag or my neck... lol 

Terry is over painting at the church so I have called it a day with only one batch of 
cookies made.. 
I think it is all we need anyway.. 
I just wanted to freeze a few for later on... 

Oh well.. 
The rhubarb is calling my name.. 
It is on the patio and needs the leaves cut off and brought in and done up.. 

So, this is a very short post.. 
Just wanted to check in and say I am still here.. 
I am sorry for not posting much or reading everyone's blogs.. 
I think we are all in the same boat this time of year.. 

Have a good day and come back soon... 
God bless.. xo



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar