Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros ~ The Consolations of the Forest: Alone in a Cabin on the Siberian Taiga; Sylvain Tesson

Every Tuesday I host First Chapter First Paragraph Tuesday Intros, where I share the first paragraph or (a few) of a book I am reading or thinking about reading soon. Care to join us?  

This week I'm choosing a non fiction book. It seems like the perfect book for me to read and unwind with after Thanksgiving festivities have come and gone.

 Sylvain Tesson ~Rizzoli ex Libris - 2013


"I'D PROMISED MYSELF that before I turned forty I would live as a hermit deep in the woods.

I went to spend six months in a Siberian cabin on the shores of Lake Baikal, on the tip of North Cedar Cape.  Seventy-five miles from the nearest village, no neighbors, no access roads, and every now and then, a visit.  Wintertime temperatures in the minus twenties Fahrenheit; the summer brought bears out into the open.  In short: paradise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
What do you think? Would you keep reading? Feel free to join us by linking your First Chapter post below


Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar